Let’s face it, Gardening is not an easy job. For decades, garden owners have hired labourers to trim and clean their gardens. But now it is not the case anymore. You don’t have to be an expert in gardening to make your cute little garden look prettier. All you need is the best grass shear.
If you don’t know anything at all about a grass shear, then you are in the right place. In this article, I will explain everything about Grass Shears, answering all your questions like what are grass shears used for? What are the best grass shears? And many more.
What are The Best Grass Shears? And What are They Used For?
Grass Shears are a type of gardening tool which are used to trim grasses in a garden. They have a peculiar design, which makes them look like a large pair of scissor blades, with the handle attached to the blades at a right angle. Grass shears are often used to trim grass near a walkway or a flower bed. For all gardeners, this job is much simpler if they can sit upright and use the handle while the blades are parallel to the ground. Now, a question might be popping in your head, why do I have to buy a grass shear to trim my garden? I can buy a lawnmower instead. But there are a few drawbacks of a lawnmower.
Why a Grass Shear?
If you are a regular gardener this situation might be familiar to you. The feeling when you nick your most valuable peach tree while using your string trimmer to trim your edging. This can be one of the worst feelings ever. A big lawnmower obviously can’t get into tight spots. For that, you will need a Grass Shear. Whether edging or topping your lawn or just cleaning up Moses, ferns & weeds around your borders, you will need the best Grass Shear. They are a lifesaver for gardeners.
What are The Best Grass Shears?
There are different varieties of grass shears made by well-known brands. But you have to decide which one will be the best choice for you. This would depend on many different factors, for example, the size of your garden, your budget range, and many more. The investment in a well-constructed pair of gardening shears can last a lifetime if properly cared for. That’s why it is very important to know what are the best grass shears.
Types of Grass Shears
Manual Grass Shears- Men are the energy source for moving a manual Grass Shears. They look like large scissors. Some of the pros & cons of manual grass shears over battery grass shears are given below.
- Are more precise
- And long-lasting
- Can cause blisters in your hand
- More effort required.
Battery Powered Grass Shears- They are mostly known as cordless grass shears. The energy source for this type of grass shears is the battery. Cordless grass shears have considerable benefits over their petrol or corded counterparts. The pros and cons of Cordless grass shears are-
- Excellent Efficiency
- Easy to use and manoeuvre.
- Less reliable
Handheld Grass Shear– A cordless handheld grass cutter shears, has pros and cons too.
- Can get closer to the cutting ground to see better what you are doing, to see what you are cutting.
- More precise.
- Will have back-pains.
Standing Grass Shear- Standing grass shears are cordless grass shears with extension handles. The pros and cons of standing grass shear are given below.
- Reduces pressure on knees from kneeling and the back pain associated with gardening while bent over.
- Less precise.
- The Best Garden And Patio Amazon Bestsellers in 2021 April 21, 2021
- Best Accessories & Covers For The Zero Turn Mower April 2, 2021
- Best Smallest Zero Turn Mower You Need In 2021 April 2, 2021
- Best Metal Garden Hoses March 23, 2021
- Top 10 Best Metal Garden Hose (Reviews of 2021) March 23, 2021
- What Is The Best Retractable Garden Hose Reel? Buying Guide and FAQ 2021 March 12, 2021
Are Cordless Grass Trimmers Any Good?
Most people have a misconception about cordless grass trimmers. People assume that cordless grass trimmers (also known as electric garden shears) that use rechargeable batteries are not always reliable. And the cost sometimes comes into play too. But what they don’t know is that the benefits of cordless grass shears out-weights the corded ones. The efficiency, ease, and comfort make it worth it.
The benefits of a cordless grass shear are endless.
- Freedom- Removing the necessity for a cord or extension lead means they’re perfect for large gardens, and gardeners who like to form their grass shear into intricate shapes.
- Pain-free– Light in weight, so you can use it with one hand for an extended period, without having any hand-pain.
- Efficient- cordless brush cutter takes less time to trim large the entire garden.
- Interchangeable Batteries- You can also buy additional spare batteries if needed. This helps increase the run/cut time of your hedge trimmer as you can have one on charge when using the other. For a large garden with lots of grass shears, this is an ideal solution.
What Is The Best Cordless Grass Shears?
Cordless Grass Shears are made by many well-known quality brands. Compared to manual grass shears, cordless grass shear is lighter and is well balanced; giving you freedom of effortless movement. But it can be very stressful and as well as time-consuming to choose the best cordless grass shears. I will name the top best cordless grass shears. They were one of the best cordless yard tools in 2018.
- Bosch cordless grass shears
- Stihl cordless grass shears
- Ryobi cordless grass shears- Note that cordless Ryobi hedge trimmer won’t vibrate as intensely as a petrol model. I highly recommended it.
- Gardena cordless grass shears
- Black and decker cordless grass shears
- Sun joe cordless grass shears
The above grass shears earned the title of ‘Best’ because of their general quality and convenience. But apart from that, there are also many other factors which you need to consider if you want the best cordless grass shears.
Here are the things you have to consider before you buy a cordless grass shear.
- Size and Weight
Nowadays you don’t have to put your strength into making your garden look more clean and beautiful. With the cordless grass shears, gardening has become much easier. Especially the cordless ones, which are powered using batteries, providing you with the freedom to roam around your garden without trailing cables. The increasing demand for cordless grass shears proves its level of customer satisfaction and its usefulness in the daily life of a gardener. Thank you for reading.