You’re all trapped! You’re searching for gardening gifts for a gardener but you know they already have a plant-filled yard, and a tool-filled workshop, so what would they really like?
You ask yourself what is a good gift for a gardener? Or what do you buy a gardener for Christmas?
Where I can find useful yet budget-friendly gifts for gardeners that they’ll love.
I am an avid gardener myself and have scrambled my mind and come up with these gardening gift ideas (all accessible to the online shoppers on websites) that I would love to receive. Are you Running around and thinking about what gift you should send to the gardeners on your lists. There are several gifts to buy which can be made at home or decent ones. Gardening products are so easy to search and are literally available everywhere. There are several gift products for gardening from which you can pick anything. So here are some suggestions you might find for presents. There’s one element of gardening though, which is absolutely essential and is by far one of the least interesting parts of growing a fantastic garden: The best garden hose timer keeping it well watered and fully maintained is the one. Ensuring your garden and lawn are properly watered can be a pretty sluggish task, yet keeping everything fresh and growing strong throughout the seasons is critically important. To get that right do read my review on the best garden hose timer in 2020 below!
Selecting The Best Hose Timers In February 2020
|(Editor’s Choice) |
|3 x 6 x 10.7 inches||1.04 pounds||Raindrop||Check Price|
|Gideon Dual Valve||6.2 x 5.4 x 4.3 inches||1.2 pounds||Gideon||Check Price|
|(Editor’s Choice) |
|3.1 x 7.9 x 7.2 inches||1.28 pounds||Melnor||Check Price|
|Gideon Dual-Valve Timer||6.5 x 5.4 x 3.1 inches||1.19 pounds||Gideon||Check Price|
|Faucet Timer Single||6.7 x 4 x 2.5 inches||15.2 ounces||Buteny||Check Price|
|Programmable Hose||6.3 x 5.8 x 2.9 inches||15.2 ounces||Brightown||Check Price|
|Orbit 62024 ||9.4 x 7.1 x 1.9 inches||10.4 ounces||Orbit||Check Price|
|Gilmour Single Outlet||2.5 x 4.5 x 5.5 inches||1.28 ounces||Gilmour||Check Price|
|Hydrofarm HGWT||4.3 x 3.9 x 7.9 inches||9.6 ounces||Hydrofarm||Check Price|
|Orbit 62034 ||3.1 x 0.3 x 4.5 inches||3.84 ounces||Orbit||Check Price|
Hello!Mary Smith here, I am a founder of best gardening gifts ideas, I am an avid gardener myself. I have a lifelong love affair with gardening and yard tools. As a gardener myself who loves to re-arrange the plants and adds new plants and ornaments every year. I am an enthusiastic and energetic spirit, ready to welcome change, eager to experiment. In my opinion
When you’re searching in your life for a special gift idea for the gardener, I havewonderful news here. Recently, gardening has become really trendy, and discovering unique gardening gifts is no longer an issue. In addition, contemplate a gardener-themed personalized gift basket idea. In here are a few suggestions to give the gardener a twinkle in his eye.
- The Best Garden And Patio Amazon Bestsellers in 2021 April 21, 2021
- Accessories & Covers For The Zero Turn Mower April 2, 2021
- Best Smallest Zero Turn Mower You Need In 2021 April 2, 2021
- Best Metal Garden Hoses March 23, 2021
- Top 10 Best Metal Garden Hose (Reviews of 2021) March 23, 2021
- What Is The Best Retractable Garden Hose Reel? Buying Guide and FAQ 2021 March 12, 2021
- Covers For The Zero Turn Mower March 8, 2021
- Best Zero Turn Mower For Your Garden in 2021 March 3, 2021
- Best Lawn, Garden Tractor Battery, Sprayer And Garden Tools In 2021 January 18, 2021
- Best Gardening Tools- Most Frequently Asked Questions In2020 December 22, 2020
- 25 Most Common Gardening Tools Questions Answered (FAQ In 2020) December 22, 2020
- Top 10 Best Electric Pruning Shears Reviews (2019-2020) December 17, 2020
NAVIGATE OUR TOP 10 BEST HOSE TIMERS
- Our Top 10 Best Products
- The Best All-Around Product
- The Lowest Price Product
- Best EVER Produced Product
- Best Product – Buyer’s Guide
Why We Need Timers:
Due to some of the latest and greatest, best garden hose timers, you will avoid the boring job of pulling the hose out every few days while watering your garden and waiting out in the sun. One of the reasons why it is imperative to find a garden hose with the right timer for your needs to build a functioning watering routine for your plants to flourish.
Understand your plants learn about irrigation timer for your garden
The first thing you should know as I experienced it to make sure you buy the best hose timer for the garden is just when you want to water Maybe you have a big vegetable garden, for example, which needs regular water all day? Do you have a cherished flower bed every morning requiring a good shower? Choosing the right garden hose timer is all about the requirements of the plants for them to grow and flourish abundantly.
1. Orbit 62061Z 1 Outlet Dig. Hose Timer,
If you’ve been gardening for quite a while, I assume you might have encountered dead plants just because you’ve failed to water the plants and you need the best garden hose timer. Many individuals, on the other side, end up in mushy gardens when they forgot to turn off the shower.
Using a timer for your hose will help you solve certain problems. The Orbit 62061Z is one of the finest timers for the hose that ensure the plants get the right consistency when they need it. It allows you to keep the plants alive while reducing water wastage. The device is convenient to use and easy to navigate. You don’t need software to do the setup. All you need to do is set the start time, intensity, and span of watering. It features a large, programmable LCD display.
Reasons to Purchase:
This Timed irrigation stops the Manual button over or under watering of the plants to use the faucet automatically without disrupting the system. With this best garden hose timer, you won’t experience watering your plants over or under. Depending on what you want, you can set it to different modes which include manual, rain delay, or water conservation. Best choice for on-budget gardeners
- Built-in rain delay feature stops your planned software for 24, 48, or 72 hours
- You can turn it on or off to conserve water during drought conditions
- Built with a wide LCD display screen for simple programming
- Simple to use and needs no equipment during implementation
- Made with robust and weather-resistant content
- Rain delay for water conservation
- High weather-resistant design.
- Highly recommended for the budget-minded suburban gardener.
- The only disadvantage I have found so far is that the material the timer is built is not the highest quality but it does the intended job very well.
- Other things would be if you are working with more than two sprinklers like this best garden hose timer the water pressure is quite low if working with multiple sprinklers.
2. Rain Drip R675CT Analog 3-Dial Water Timer
The Rain drip Analog (appx. $29) has a three-dial configuration that functions to monitor the performance efficiently, so you never need to think about water waste. This best garden hose timer can also stop automated watering for up to 72 hours, which is convenient, but there is no choice for a fixed start time, which isn’t as helpful as that. This one has mixed reviews from customers but for me, I think it’s really affordable and works really well without any programming.
Reasons to Purchase:
It’s very easy to program and you can easily attach this to your outdoor faucet without any hassles. With this, you’re not going to experience any leakage which is a huge plus point. It is powered by a removable battery so you might want to make sure that inside the battery compartment there is no water coming. This is a good product to use for their price so far. it’s both waterproof and rainproof, so can survive outdoors.
- LCD screen is large and easy to read
- Easy to program
- Attaches to any outdoor hose
- 3 separate automatic dials
- Building feels strong
- Power level indicator
- Ran easily from batteries
- Requires first setting manually
- Unless batteries are replaced within 15seconds this timer won’t work
For me it was easy to install and handle without any hassle was a plus point. The water timer is straightforward to attach to any garden hose, standard drip tubing, or outdoor faucet. Rain drip’s hose timer is actually an older style of the timer, but it’s still good. Half manual, half-automatic, it is designed to be set for the first time at the time that you want your garden to be consistently watered at.
3. Melnor 53280 Four Outlet Digital Water Timer: Best Hose Timer Option For Gardens with A Wide Variety Of Botanical Species
The Melnor 53280 Four Outlet Digital Water Timer offers different programming capabilities for different areas of your property. Each separate zone is programmed entirely independently so you can fully customize your watering cycles to fit each area which an amazing tool for gardens with lots of different botanical species planted.
Our testing team was thrilled with the level of versatility afforded by the Melnor Water Timer as the watering schedule for strawberries differs from that of tulips, for example.
The Melnor 53280 Four Outlet Digital Water Timer features a rain delay setting. The delay allows you to skip watering cycles for up to seven days which came in very handy during some heavier than usual spring showers. We were also pleasantly surprised at how long the Melnor Water Timer runs on a set of batteries. This option stays perfectly powered for an astounding six months on just two AA batteries making it a smart choice.
- Extremely versatile
- You can program different watering schedules for different zones
- Dependable performance
- Runs up to six months on just two AAA alkaline batteries
- Some settings are a tad bit confusing to program so hang on to the owner’s manual
- Some watering cycles will require large amounts of water which could be an issue in drought-prone areas
4. Gideon Dual-Valve Hose Water Timer Sprinkler: Best Budget-Priced Hose Timer
The Gideon Dual-Valve Hose Water Timer Sprinkler includes two separate valves, each being programmable on its own. The unit attaches quickly thanks to a swivel coupling without the need for any specialized tools.
Our testing team was astounded by the low budget cost for the Gideon Water Timer and by how well it works.
The Gideon Dual-Valve Hose Water Timer Sprinkler can also water your garden manually. We love using this feature on, especially hot, sunny days to keep our lawns and plants hydrated and happy. The timer can be set to water for up to 240 minutes allowing you full customization.
- Dual valves allow you to attach two hoses
- Extremely well priced
- Very versatile and easy to program
- Simple and straightforward to install thanks to a swivel coupling
- For some strange reason, the valve located on the right side is somewhat more difficult to program and run as opposed to the left side. As a result, the right side would sometimes go off at random times in addition to the pre-programmed times.
5. Buteny Faucet Timer Single Outlet Hose: Most Versatile Hose Timer Option
The Buteny Faucet Timer Single Outlet Hose is a versatile option allowing users to select from manual or automatic functions. Our testing team appreciates the level of freedom in the water flow control that the Faucet Timer Single Outlet Hose affords.
The timer works perfectly with standard size garden hoses and includes a standard thread measuring at ¾ of an inch.
The Buteny Faucet Timer Single Outlet Hose operates on two 1.5-volt AA batteries. The hose timer can be placed on a rain delay for inclement weather. You can program the water timer to run from one minute to 300 minutes in intervals from 6 hours to 7 days in duration.
- Runs on two 1.5-volt AA batteries
- Most versatile water timer we tested
- Features a standard faucet interface with a thread measuring ¾ inches
- Inexpensive price point
- This system is not as durable or heavy-duty as some of the others we tested
6. Brightown Programmable Hose Faucet Timer: Best Manual Hose Timer Option
The Brightown Programmable Hose Faucet Timer allows you to customize watering sessions that last anywhere from just one quick minute up to a maximum of 240 minutes. Our testing team loved how durable and well-made this water timing system is.
The timer is crafted from ABS materials to create a product that is extremely sturdy and has a waterproof rating of IP66.
The Brightown Programmable Hose Faucet Timer features a rain delay function to prevent overwatering your plants on rainy days. Individuals with eyesight concerns will have a much simpler time in reading the numbers on the timer’s large LCD screen. It’s also quite straightforward to install, program, and use making it one of our favorite options.
- ABS material has a waterproof rating of IP66
- Durable and sturdy
- Manual option with a large LCD screen that is easy to read
- Rain delay function for bad weather days
- Replacement pieces are somewhat difficult to come by
7. Orbit 62024 Single Dial Hose Watering Digital Timer: Awesome And Inexpensive Hose Timer Selection For Dry Climates
The Orbit 62024 Single Dial Hose Watering Digital Timer is a lovely and budget-priced choice. The timer features an automatic operation that will help you to conserve water.
Our testing team members that live in dryer areas loved having a way to save water while also keeping their plants hydrated.
The Orbit 62024 Single Dial Hose Watering Digital Timer is simple to use with a single dial controller. It’s easy to turn both on and off and can time water cycles ranging from 2 minutes up to 90 minutes. You can also program the hose timing system to operate daily, every other day, and on every third day.
- Inexpensive price point
- Single dial format is straightforward to use
- Watering sessions can be set to last between 2 minutes and 90 minutes
- An excellent option for areas that must conserve water during drought periods
- This model from Orbit lacks the more exciting features of some more expensive options but for the price it is wonderful
8. Gilmour Single Outlet Electronic Water Timer: Best For Smaller Lawns And Yards
The Gilmour Single Outlet Electronic Water Timer is the perfect solution for individuals with smaller yards and lawns.
This hose timer has one outlet which means that you will be able to run one hose or watering tool with it. The water timer can be set to run from one minute to 360 minutes.
The Gilmour Single Outlet Electronic Water Timer unit connects with a metallic easy-swivel coupling in mere seconds to your hose and spigot. Our testing team loved having a reliable water timer suited to smaller yards. It’s also backed by a two-year warranty making it a sound investment.
- A single outlet hose timer
- Easy to set up and use
- Inexpensive price point
- Water cycles lasting from one minute to 360 minutes
- Durable and well made
- The Gilmour Single Outlet Electronic Water Timer was a hit with our testing team with no downsides to mention
9. Hydrofarm HGWT Electronic Water Timer: Best Option For Use With Soaker Systems
The Hydrofarm HGWT Electronic Water Timer is a straightforward to use system. This hose timer relies on the use of two nobs to complete programming duties. One knob alters the frequency of watering cycles while the second knob controls the running time.
We like using this option for soaker systems and drip systems as well as traditional sprinkler systems.
The Hydrofarm HGWT Electronic Water Timer earned high marks from our testing team members that prefer to keep their gardening equipment old school. Learning to use new digital equipment can be a difficult task for many individuals, regardless of age. If you or a loved one falls into that category then the Hydrofarm Water Timer will be a welcome addition to take the guesswork out of both setting and running the timer.
- Versatile and easy to install
- Works well with sprinklers, drip systems, and soaker systems
- Knob-based programming is simple and straight forward to understand
- Runs on two AAA batteries
- Our team members that love high tech products were a bit disappointed in the lack of exciting features
10. Orbit 62034 Mechanical Watering Timer: Easiest Hose Timer System To Operate
The Orbit 62034 Mechanical Watering Timer is hands down the simplest and most straightforward hose timer to operate. The timer works similarly to an egg timer that you would use in the kitchen.
You can set this option to run watering cycles lasting from one minute up to 120 minutes.
The Orbit 62034 Mechanical Watering Timer does not require batteries or any power source to work. Just wind it to the appropriate time, and you are off to do more important and more exciting things. On the downside, you need to manually turn the dial each time you would like to water your yard. For this reason, it also is not able to be pre-programmed for future watering sessions.
- Easiest water timer system to use
- The oversized dial is both easy to turn and read
- A sturdy and heavy-duty option that will last for years to come
- No batteries or power source required
- The very inexpensive price point
- The manual dial must be turned to work
- Cannot be pre-programmed for multiple sessions
Best Tripod Sprinkler – Buyer’s Guide
Hose timers are a beneficial tool to add to your current gardening arsenal. A timer makes watering the lawn a breeze since you can program the water timer to deliver hydration to your plants on a schedule of your choosing. They are also a terrific option for areas that are prone to drought since you can effectively water without using too much water by selecting a shorter run cycle time.
With thousands of hose timer systems on the market for purchase, it may seem like a nightmare to select the best version for you and your property’s needs. Luckily, we have learned so much about water timers that we have compiled a helpful guide to explain what you need and what you don’t. Let’s get started!
What Is A Hose Timer?
A hose timer or water timer is a device that automates hose watering. The timer can water your yard on a set schedule. It works in the daytime or the nighttime, and you do not need to be home to run it.
Do I Really Need A Hose Timer?
Water timing systems are a wonderfully helpful invention. If you have a yard that needs watering, it will make life easier for you. Between juggling housework, a career, family responsibilities, and day-to-day living, finding time to water the grass can be net to impossible. The purchase and use of a hose timer will allow you to ensure your plants are hydrated when you are too busy to stand outside and water them making it a smart purchase.
A hose timer can also keep your home and belongings safer. The timer can be programmed to run while you are on vacation. If a would-be thief sees that your sprinklers are running, they will assume that someone is at home. When thieves think someone is inside the residence, they are usually more likely to scrap their plans to rob you.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the most important points to ponder when shopping for a new hose timer.
An electric hose timer is the easiest design to select especially if you are new to water timer systems. With an electric hose timer, users are able to program both the duration and frequency of watering. You will also need to think about how many hoses you will need to attach. Some versions have just one outlet for one hose. Other hose timers may have two, three, or even four outlets to maximize customization.
Understanding how your new hose timer is powered is another important consideration. If it runs on batteries, you will need to keep extra batteries on hand. Most use AA batteries which are inexpensive and easily found. Some work by turning a dial and will not need batteries at all.
Think about the area you will be watering. Do you have a small lawn? If so, you can most likely get away with purchasing a single outlet hose timer that will attach to just one hose or watering tool.
If you have a larger property or many different types of plants you would most likely benefit from purchasing a model with two or more outlets. Different botanical species have different hydration needs. Multiple outlets allow you to customize the timing and frequency of watering so you can allow more water for water-loving plants while those that need less water can be set for shorter, less frequent hydration sessions.
Water Source Compatibility
The type of timer you will need to procure will depend heavily upon the water source. If your system has AC valves, then you will need to select a water timer with an AC controller. The same rule holds for water sources with DC valves. Taking a few minutes to check the details concerning the water source double will save you time, money, and aggravation.
Tips And Tricks for Using Your New Hose Timer
Setting the correct duration for your hose timer can be a tricky and confusing task. Time how long it takes for your sprinkler to moisten the soil six inches beneath the surface. Check every fifteen minutes by using a shovel to lift up the sod. Once you know the length of time needed, you can set the hose timer for that duration.
Always check local and state regulations before watering. Some areas like Arizona and California have stringent guidelines predetermined to help stop water waste. Watering during times of drought can land you with a hefty fine, so it’s best to double-check before you water.
It can also be helpful to catch your local weather report on the news or by downloading a weather app onto your phone. If rain is forecasted, you can elect to skip watering cycles. This tip will help keep your water bill less expensive, and you won’t be unnecessarily wasting water.
Automatic or Manual:
You can also set the hose timer system to operate when you are on vacation. This trick can make it seem like you are at home to thwart robbers. It can also save you from needing to rely on friends or family to remember to stop by and water your grass.
Which kind of Timer:
Purchasing the best hose timer system for you and your plant’s needs can seem like a difficult and thankless chore. There are thousands of water timers currently available each with its own features and design elements that promise to be the best. Understanding the basic design aspects as well as how much hydration your specific lawn requires will make the process easier and more enjoyable.
We hope that our reviews of the top ten hose timer systems were helpful to you today and that you earned some useful knowledge from our buyer’s guide. We always smile when we hear from our loyal readers. Drop us a quick line below with your best tips and tricks for using a hose timer to hydrate your lawn.
I appreciate your landing on my page. That means you liked my work, which I take seriously by the way. My family has always lived in the country so I know everything about the chores that come with a backyard pool or a garden pond…Read more