Gas Pole Hedge Trimmer
A great pole hedge trimmer is also convenient to have around. Since we realize there are plenty of nice ones out there, we’ll help you nail down your options by actually evaluating top and quality gas pole hedge trimmer ratings by yours truly.
1. Earthwise CVPH43018 Corded 2-in-1 Pole Hedge Trimmer
- Type: corded
- Power: 4.5 Amps
- Power Source: Corded-electric
- Extension: up to 13 ft
- Blade type: dual-action
- Blade length: 18″ cutting blade for a clean quick cut every time
- Max cutting capacity: 11/16 in
- Weight: 9.7 lbs
- Warranty: 2-year limited
- 2-in-1 hedge trimmer and pole hedge trimmer
- Rotating adjustable pole cutting head with (6) cutting angles
Earthwise CVPH43018 is an incredibly lightweight hedge trimmer that can act as both a pole hedge trimmer and a lightweight handheld one. And you can switch between the two with a click of a mouse.
This hedge trimmer also comprises a pivoting and 6-position customizable head that enables swift cut of atypical perspectives and locations that are difficult to reach. It runs on a powerful 4.5-amp engine with an 18-inch long blade and is built to have an overhead gap of up to 13 feet. Often, on our gas pole, hedge trimmer reviews score the Earthwise CVPH43018 is the lightest version since it only weighs 6 pounds.
If you also put in a supportive handle that significantly reduces hand exhaustion and fast start of the motor, you have a really handy yard maintenance device. The Earthwise CVPH43018 is a corded pole hedge trimmer with a strong 4.5 Amp motor ideal for trimming hedges, bushes, and foliage.
The size and volume of this pole hedge trimmer are around 9.7 pounds, that is a reasonable weight given that it is a pole trimmer. Because of its 2 1 function, the mass is spread at the edge of the shaft, which renders it very heavy if you stretch it entirely.
Why We Like It:
Earthwise CVPH43018 pole hedge trimmer arrives with a restricted two-year guarantee against potential manufacturing and software glitches.
This innovative Earthwise Hedge Trimmer is built to incorporate the best features of both the traditional Hedge Trimmer and the Pole Hedge Trimmer by enabling you to separate the trimmer head from the pole and add the handgrip to the back. This concept is a huge benefit for people who have both tiny and wide hedges across the yard and avoid the expense of having two trimmers.
However, there are still several disadvantages to the modular style. Users find that while the trimmer weights just 9.7 pounds – at the same time as rival pole hedge trimmers –
The weight is distributed at the bottom of the blade instead of at the pole connection, meaning that it becomes highly tiring when stretched to a full length of 13 feet. While the provided shoulder brace helps with this, consumers have documented problems with using this trimmer for long periods of time. In fact, the blade is fairly thin – while Earthwise lists it as an 18-inch blade, the smallest of the trimmers we tested, the customer assessed it at less than 16 inches.
Despite these disadvantages in view, consumers were always fairly pleased with this pole hedge trimmer. The head is interchangeable between six places to allow optimum flexibility while cutting with or without the pole attached, and the 11/16-inch cutting length is only wide enough to accommodate even marginally untended and untamed hedges. In addition, users praised the blade cover that comes with both the trimmer to secure the blade during storage.
- Reasonable and affordable
- Simple to use and move from pole connection to hand trimmer
- Nice build
- Suitable for trimming high hedges up to six foot
- Perfect for chopping small branches
- Dual as usual and pole hedge trimmer
- Stretches up to 13 foot
- Six-position flexible head
- Two-year guarantee
- Efficient 4.5 Amp engine
- Tilt angle with 6 customizable positions
- 2 in 1 feature
- Specific two-year guarantee
- Often acts as a standard hedge trimmer
- Safe and easy grip
- Modifiable tilting chopping head
- Super lightweight
- Quick start motor
- Really thin 16-inch blade
- Hard to handle as weight is in foundation
- Weight distribution is irregular rendering it hard at one end
- On / off lock button is far too low and small
- The pole is shorter than marketed and promoted
- The extended trimmer is heavy for hands and its not that much suitable for long hours job
For the lower portion of the hedge, the Earthwise 18-inch 2-in-1 should be used as a typical trimmer, and then, with all the (very rugged and strongly built) fiberglass attachment support pole placed into position, it offers reasonable range and coverage to the top of the hedges. There will be no concern with a 12-foot barrier.
For instance it’s corded, so you’re going to want a long capacity extension cable. The pay-off is eligible for free batteries or power engine replacements. That’s one of the best gas pole hedge trimmer reviews. The rotating head gives you five positions to choose from, so there’s rarely going to be a problem about not getting the slicing point you want.
Okay, that’s a decent offer at just $90. So, purchase it now!!!
- Best Lawn, Garden Tractor Battery, Sprayer And Garden Tools In 2021 January 18, 2021
- Best Gardening Tools- Most Frequently Asked Questions In2020 December 22, 2020
- 25 Most Common Gardening Tools Questions Answered (FAQ In 2020) December 22, 2020
- Top 10 Best Electric Pruning Shears Reviews (2019-2020) December 17, 2020
- Top10 Best Hydroponic Garden Starter Kit (2020 Reviews) November 30, 2020
- 20 Best and Thoughtful Gifts for Gardeners in 2020 November 16, 2020
- What Is A Soil Moisture Meter? September 28, 2020
- What is Garden Hose & Which Garden Hose Review To Read? September 24, 2020
- When Is The Best Time To Buy a Lawn Mower? September 11, 2020
- Best Self Propelled Lawn Mower Under 300 September 9, 2020
- How To Adjust Husqvarna Self-Propelled Lawnmower? September 9, 2020
- Best Lawn Mowers For Hills In 2020 : (Review & Buyer Guide) September 9, 2020
2. Sun Joe SJH902E 21-in 4-Amp Multi-Angle Electric Telescoping Pole Hedge Trimmer
- Type: Corded Electric
- Power: 4 Amp
- Cut Capacity: 2/3”
- Cut Length: 21”
- Reach: 7.9’ telescoping pole for up to 13’ total reach
- Features: Shoulder straps, steel blades
- Power: 4.0 Amps
- Power Source: Corded-electric
- Blade Length: 21 inches
- Type: corded
- Extension: up to 13 ft
- Blade type: dual-action
- Max cutting capacity: 0.7 in
- Weight: 8.8 lbs
- Warranty: 2-year
- Best use: ideal for cutting tall bushes, hedges and shrubs
- Telescoping pole extends reach to up to 7.9 ft providing up to 13 ft of overhead reach Adjustable, pivoting head to get under and above tall hedges
Since your garden is covered by high and wide hedges that almost all pole hedge trimmers can’t touch, this Sun Joe trimmer is a perfect choice for gas pole hedge trimmer reviews. With a pole that is up to eight-foot-long – providing a cumulative length of 13 foot – and a 21-inch blade, this pole hedge trimmer will extend well above the majority of trimmers currently on the market. In fact, the head is conveniently flexible and rotates in tiny intervals such that you can move into places that are challenging to access without reducing the hedges.
A further advantage of the concept that consumers enjoyed is that, despite its scale, it is incredibly lightweight at just 8.8 lbs. Moreover, a majority of this weight is at the bottom of the weapon,
This makes things a bit easier to manage over lengthy stretches of time. Even with the optional strap harness, consumers feel like they were having back and arm exercises while keeping the weapon away from their heads. It is also important to note that the blade could not be used without including the pole since the key is at the bottom of the handle.
Due to its full slicing power of 0.7-inch and its four-amp engine, this hedge trimmer is also extremely efficient. Owners also noted that the rugged steel blade is ideal for rough hedges and does not need polishing and sharpening even after many seasons of usage. Users also discovered that the blade press may be set on the spot in such a manner that no one has to be taken off. Hold it down, but this can pose a health danger if you are not cautious.
Sun Joe offers a two-year guarantee for this pole hedge trimmer, but customers were satisfied with its reliability and stated that it seemed burly enough to work for several years. Sun Joe SJH902E is a pole hedge trimmer that is corded and works with a 4 Amp motor that is strong enough to cut hedges, shrubs, and bushes in the backyard.
The 21-inch trimming blade is made of solid steel to have strong longevity and efficiency. It will sever branches up to 0.7 inches in diameter. The telescopic pole will rise up to 7.9 feet and offer you an overlap of 13 feet that renders it nice to trim high shrubs. The dual-angle tilting head allows to quickly cut both sides of the hedges.
This pole hedge trimmer weighs just around 8.8 pounds, which renders it small in weight. It ensures you ought to use it in fast bursts when trimming hedges in the garden so you don’t get sick of it.
It’s also affordable and effective as a budget pole hedge trimmer if you only want one for sporadic trimming. If you’ve got a lot of hedges to cut and a large yard, you may notice that power wasn’t enough.
Why We Like It:
The Sun Joe SJH902E pole hedge trimmer arrives with a complete two-year guarantee on the product in the case of a disaster such as manufacturing defects. When you’re looking for a pole hedge trimmer to slash tall bushes and hedges across your yard, the 4.0-Amp corded electric SJH902E would be a decent purchase for you.
This utilizes a 21-inch stainless steel blade that can be quickly sliced between soft and rough parts. That multi-action blade is intended to deliver maximum slicing efficiency and increased robustness. As with most other high-performance gas pole hedge trimmer reviews, it often uses a flexible tilting head to enable you to reach under or over most bushes and hedges.
Choosing the best budget equipment is still a struggle. When you’re not doing your homework, you might end up with inexpensive equipment that’s a total waste of your resources. That isn’t going to be the case for this Sun Joe range. This is a professional hedge trimmer that packs a powerful 4 Amp motor, steel blades, and loads of scope.
The head shifts to allow you more power over precise slicing and trimming In reality, these hedge trimmers are built for lightweight work, such as daily upkeep of hedges. They have a much narrower tooth distance than the normal to represent this.
The only downside of the concept is that the engine is at the top, not the handle. Even if the unit is a moderate 7.5 pounds, this has the impact of making it sound somewhat bigger, specifically when completely expanded.
This model will make it challenging, especially for rookies, to operate the device securely. We suggest this flexible handle (yes, it’s compatible) to allow you more flexibility and power over this hedge trimmer
- Eight-foot long pole
- 7-inch chopping power
- Blade trigger can be locked
- into two-year guarantee
- price-this is a fantastic value to purchase.
- Reliable Power-The 4 Amp engine makes quick accuracy cutting function.
- Reach-The extension pole contributes about 8″ with a minimum of 13′ of overall length.
- Tech support-This company is considered to be a true extra mile when it comes to making consumers satisfied.
- 21-inch Dual-acting multi-acting Steel blade
- Telescoping pole can be stretched up to 7.9 foot
- Low-cost and in budget
- Complete Two-year guarantee
- Comparatively more economical
- Customizable Dual-acting Steel blade
- Multi purpose Steel blade
- Provide regulated, accurate cutting and trimming
- Ergonomic handles with shoulders brace
- Size is at the bottom of the blade which is making this trimmer hard to handle
- Trigger unable to be hit by utilizing pole
- Medium weight
- ideal for industrial usage
- Cut Capability-At just over 2/3 “this is a fairly narrow tooth gap
- intended for finishing touch ups rather than dense branches.
- Stability-The motor sits in the front of the expansion shaft, rendering it slightly stronger than optimal for speed and agility while completely expanded.
- Feels a little front strong
it’s time to stop thinking. You don’t need to waste hours in the field trimming hedges with a flower shear. So you don’t need to think about slipping down the ladder when you prune those thick hedges. Have one of our suggested gas pole hedge trimmer reviews and you will have an excellently-maintained garden without tension.
If you’re looking for a decent pole hedge trimmer which does the job, you should find the Sun Joe SJH902E Electric Pole Hedge Trimmer that offers value and quality for the price.
Corded pole hedge trimmers, on the other side, are sometimes restricted in size by the duration of the provided cable and the extended string, but are not confined to a fixed runtime because they have an uninterruptible power source. Corded pole hedge trimmers, including Earthwise, Sun Joe, and Garcare styles, are often cheaper than their cordless equivalents.
3. Greenworks 22272 Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer Greenworks 20-Inch 40V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
- Power: 40V
- Weight: 9.5 Lbs. plus the battery
- Run Time: up to 50 minutes
- Charge Time: 120 minutes
- Cut Capacity: 5/8”
- Cut Length: 20”
- Reach: 6.5’ extension
- Features: 3 position pivoting head, steel blades Power: 40 Volts
- Power Source: Battery-powered
- Type: cordless
- Blade type: dual-action
- Warranty: 4-year tool, 2-year battery
- Further functionalities: 40V Li-Ion battery, up to 30 min lifetime, 3-position swiveling head
G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System drives several devices for full yard system — includes 2AH Battery and Charger 20-inch steel dual operation blade for optimum efficiency and longevity Shaft modification: 6.5 cm. 5/8-Inch cutting ability for guided, fast trimming of most bushes and hedges without the multiple tools
Greenworks is a fairly young guy in the room, but they’ve had a sterling reputation since they were established in 2007. They expertise in the manufacturing of portable batteries and electronic outdoor power devices, and their activities have led them to a strong consumer base and a wide range of quality equipment. Trying to take advantage of Lithium-Ion battery technologies, coupled with advances that render batteries lightweight and more efficient, Greenworks manufactures landscaping equipment that is just as efficient as its gas-fired counterparts.
They are often renowned for their careful and ergonomic projects. This extended reach hedge trimmer included a pivoting head with 3 presets that lock in position and big, simple grip handles that allow you secure access to various angles without losing stability. Flat tops, rounded or bent edge hedges are all within reach with this method.
With a cutting power of 5/8, “this is definitely not a method for large and overgrown brushes, but a perfect alternative for regulated precision cutting on thick shrubs. It can pass rapidly and easily through boxwoods, hollywoods, laurels and other common hedges.
The Greenworks 22272 is a cordless among other gas pole hedge trimmer reviews that fits with a 2 Ah Lithium-Ion battery and operates 40V. The 20-inch blade is constructed of titanium, which offers you longevity and precision. It’s a dual-action tool, which ensures you get double the slashing output and the decreased motion and vibration.
This pole hedge trimmer will remove foliage up to 5/8 inches thick enough to eliminate much of the hedges, shrubs and branches. Thanks to its 3-position pivoting hand, the blade may be changed to cut at different angles.
The pole shaft can be stretched up to 6 feet so that you can cut the hedges that are thick and difficult to access. You can consider it difficult to have when the diameter is stretched to its full duration. The battery takes around 60 minutes to completely charge so the hedge trimmer will work up to 50 minutes until it has to be recharged again.
The strength and weight of the Greenworks 22272 pole hedge trimmer is around 9.6 pounds, which renders it average for use in the yard. You may notice that the consistency of this pole hedge trimmer isn’t the greatest because of the strong plastic used and the technical aspects and building blocks that are a little strong.
This hedge trimmer comes with a restricted four-year guarantee covering flaws in fabrics, components or build quality.
Greenworks is still a perfect company to turn to while searching for the right cordless pole hedge trimmers, and their 40 Volt model 22272 shows why. It uses a 20-inch long blade that enables wide parts to be sliced at each step, and often has a pivoting head that moves to various locations to sliced the areas hard to hit.
It is also pretty lightweight for the battery-powered pole hedge trimmer. Also, it arrives with both the battery and the adapter to make it suitable for instant usage, along with an on-board battery level display.
Indeed, this pole hedge trimmer in between other gas pole hedge trimmer reviews won’t lose control when the battery drained, so you should be sure you’ll still get a smooth service. And it’s fairly quiet and quick to get going. Consumers enjoy this portable Greenworks pole hedge trimmer driven battery. The hedge trimmer features a 40-volt lithium-ion battery intended to last for up to 30 minutes, but the battery may be disconnected and substituted if you have a broad yard to cut.
In fact, several consumers noticed that the battery performance was good enough for us to get bored of hedge trimming far before the power or battery became depleted. Consumers are satisfied with the three-position pivoting hand, which they felt was convenient to secure in and offered unique opportunities for slicing at various perspectives. Users also praised the convenient-to-hold grip and the fairly small 9.6-pound weight of this device, although some users noticed that the security button feature on this trimmer could make it challenging to start also with two hands.
The GreenWorks 22272 G-Max Pole Hedge Trimmer is the best alternative for trimming tall hedges, trees, flower beds, landscape design, chopping foliage and basic yard upkeep. The trimmer is driven by a 2AH Lithium Battery which requires a battery.
- Cordless with reversible battery
- Three-position swiveling head
- Four-year guarantee
- Immediate begin- One of the main advantages of battery- operated interchangeable-Greenworks provides a complete range of equipment with adjustable G-MAX batteries.
- Battery replacement-Four years on the device, two years on the cell.
- Portable-Super easy to manage while operating overhead.
- Value-Excellent cost value for this product.
- Construction-Replacement parts are readily available for DIY fixes over the lifetime of the company.
- Reach-The telescopic pole contributes 6.5′ to the reach of this shaft.
- Multi-position pivoting head Smooth activity with reduced noise Quick and quick to operate.
- 40-V Lithium-Ion battery
- 20-inch dual-action steel blade
- Charges quickly in 60 minutes
- Can trim up to 5/8 inches
- Awkward to use at full extension
- Average build quality
- Relatively shorter reach
- Charge time – Relatively long for the runtime.
- Short 6.5-foot extension pole
- Only 5/8-inch cutting capacity
- Safety mechanism makes it hard to start up
GreenWorks 40V (Cordless)
The G-MAX GreenWorks 22272 is a very strong cordless trimmer when i speak of other gas pole hedge trimmer reviews. It has a twenty-inch blade that can split trees up to 5/8 “which ensures that you don’t have to turn to a saw very often. It’s going to cut right through some severe timber!
The head is versatile, making it easy to move from cutting the top of a hedge to the sides as simple as a cookie. On the drawback, the 40V capacity comes with a price tag, and you can expect to pay more than $500 for this monster. It’s pretty heavy at about 8 lbs, too. In the other side, this tool can handle rough woods as well as hedges.