As we know, some of our large indoor plants need deep watering. And thus, watering them tends to be even messier. Sometimes, due to the hole at the bottom of your plant pots, excess water tends to seep out of the pot. And we surely don’t want such a mess in our homes.
So, if you are looking for some ways to water your indoor plants without making a mess, you are in luck. In this blog, I will write a few techniques to water your indoor plants without a mess so that your watering can be hassle-free.
How To Water Large Indoor Plants Without Making A Mess?
Here are some tips to help you how to water indoor plants without making a mess so your water can be hassle-free.
1. Use A Drip Tray
2. Use The Right Type of Pot
3. Use The Double Potting Method
4. Use Self-watering Tray or Container
On top of that these watering trays are inexpensive and comes is verity of sizes and shapes. You might even find your favorite colour in it!
5. Use The Right Watering Techniques
The best way to water your houseplants is to water them from below. As mentioned earlier, you can use a self-watering tray, saucer or by simply soaking your plants in to a water bucket. This method of water allows direct watering of the roots. Although this technique is time consuming, it is very effective.
6. Check The Water Temperature
Usually during the daytime when the temperature is high, keep the water temperature between 75 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. However, during the night keep the temperature lower and between 65 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Check The Soil Moisture Level
So, if you are thinking of getting a moisture metre, it is even easy on your pockets!
8. Use A Watering Spike Tool
By adding the reservoir into the spike, you simply place the spike in to the pot’s soil. Then after filling the reservoir with water, push the other end of the tube inside the soil. In case your spike does not come with a reservoir, you can easily DIY it using a plastic bottle.
This is a perfect option if you are taking trips for several weeks and wan to make sure your plants are watered without any dripping.
9. Soak Your Plants
Moreover, it is not recommended for daily watering. Once your plant soil is completely dry, you should soak them again.
10. Use a Sponge Inside The Soil
In my initial years of gardening, this was my go-to method to keep my house mess free.
11. Use a Sprayer
12. Water the Plants in The Washroom
- What Does Your Plant Need?
- Should I Use Ice Cubes For Watering Plants?
- Use Clay Pebbles.
- Most Frequently Asked Gardening Questions IN 2020 December 22, 2020
- 25 MOST COMMON GARDENING QUESTIONS ANSWERED (FAQ IN 2020) December 22, 2020
- Top 10 Best Electric Pruning Shears Reviews (2019-2020) December 17, 2020
- Top10 Best Hydroponic Garden Starter Kit (2020 Reviews) November 30, 2020
- 20 Best and Thoughtful Gifts for Gardeners in 2020 November 16, 2020
- What Is A Soil Moisture Meter? September 28, 2020
- What is Garden Hose & Which Garden Hose Review To Read? September 24, 2020
- When Is The Best Time To Buy a Lawn Mower? September 11, 2020
- Best Self Propelled Lawn Mower Under 300 September 9, 2020
- How To Adjust Husqvarna Self-Propelled Lawnmower? September 9, 2020
- Best Lawn Mowers For Hills In 2020 : (Review & Buyer Guide) September 9, 2020
- 10 Best Electric Pruning Shears in 2020 (Reviews & Buyer’s Guide) September 3, 2020