As we know, some of our large indoor plants need deep watering. And thus, watering them tends to be even messier. Sometimes, due to the hole at the bottom of your plant pots, excess water tends to seep out of the pot. And we surely don’t want such a mess in our homes.
So, if you are looking for some ways to water your indoor plants without making a mess, you are in luck. In this blog, I will write a few techniques to water your indoor plants without a mess so that your watering can be hassle-free.
How To Water Large Indoor Plants Without Making A Mess?
Here are some tips to help you how to water indoor plants without making a mess so your water can be hassle-free.
1. Use A Drip Tray
2. Use The Right Type of Pot
3. Use The Double Potting Method
4. Use Self-Watering Tray or Container
On top of that these watering trays are inexpensive and comes is verity of sizes and shapes. You might even find your favorite colour in it!
5. Use The Right Watering Techniques
The best way to water your houseplants is to water them from below. As mentioned earlier, you can use a self-watering tray, saucer or by simply soaking your plants in to a water bucket. This method of water allows direct watering of the roots. Although this technique is time consuming, it is very effective.
6. Check The Water Temperature
Usually during the daytime when the temperature is high, keep the water temperature between 75 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. However, during the night keep the temperature lower and between 65 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Check The Soil Moisture Level
So, if you are thinking of getting a moisture metre, it is even easy on your pockets!
8. Use A Watering Spike Tool
By adding the reservoir into the spike, you simply place the spike in to the pot’s soil. Then after filling the reservoir with water, push the other end of the tube inside the soil. In case your spike does not come with a reservoir, you can easily DIY it using a plastic bottle.
This is a perfect option if you are taking trips for several weeks and wan to make sure your plants are watered without any dripping.
9. Soak Your Plants
Moreover, it is not recommended for daily watering. Once your plant soil is completely dry, you should soak them again.
10. Use a Sponge Inside The Soil
In my initial years of gardening, this was my go-to method to keep my house mess free.
11. Use a Sprayer
12. Water The Plants in The Washroom
- What Does Your Plant Need?
- Should I Use Ice Cubes For Watering Plants?
- Use Clay Pebbles.
How To –
- How To Connect A Water Hose.
- How To care for Viburnum.
- How To Develop And Care For Viburnum.
- How To Repair a Jammed Hedge Trimmer.
- How To Maintain a Hedge Trimmer.
- How To use an Electric Branch Scissor.
- How To Adjust Husqvarna Self-Propelled Lawnmower.
- How To Clean Contractor’s Mortar Mess Off Bricks.
- How To Clean Self Watering Seed Trays.
- The Best Garden And Patio Amazon Bestsellers in 2021 April 21, 2021
- Best Accessories & Covers For The Zero Turn Mower April 2, 2021
- Best Smallest Zero Turn Mower You Need In 2021 April 2, 2021
- Best Metal Garden Hoses March 23, 2021
- Top 10 Best Metal Garden Hose (Reviews of 2021) March 23, 2021
- What Is The Best Retractable Garden Hose Reel? Buying Guide and FAQ 2021 March 12, 2021
- Best Cover For The Zero Turn Lawn Mower March 8, 2021
- Best Zero Turn Mower For Your Garden in 2021 March 3, 2021
- Best Lawn, Garden Tractor Battery, Sprayer And Garden Tools In 2021 January 18, 2021
- Best Gardening Tools- Most Frequently Asked Questions In2021 December 22, 2020
- 25 Most Common Gardening Tools Questions Answered (FAQ In 2021) December 22, 2020
- Top 10 Best Electric Pruning Shears Reviews (2019-2021) December 17, 2020