Best Smart Irrigation Controller
For every gardener, the irrigation of their field is their top concern. And the work of irrigating your garden is both a hassle and highly time consuming. But there is a very advanced tool that would save you both your time and effort! And that tool is a Smart Irrigation Controller!
If you are new to gardening, you might think ‘What is a Smart Irrigation controller?’ It is basically an automated device that controls the sprinklers all around your garden and does the irrigation even when you are not around!
As a gardener myself, I know the toils we have to go through to do our regular gardening cares, and further looking for the perfect gardening tools is an added hassle! That’s why Gardening Gift Ideas is your one-stop site for the Best Gardening Tools.
In this post we listed the 7 Best Smart Irrigation Controller so that you can know a little better about which one you should purchase! Go through the product listing then the detailed review to know more about your desired Sprinkler Controller!
|Product Name||Weight||Product Dimensions|
|1. Orbit 57946 B-hyve Smart WiFi Sprinkler Controller||1 lbs||3 x 9 x 8||Check Price|
|2. Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller||2.9 lbs||9.1 x 1.4 x 5.6||Check Price|
|3. Rain Bird SST400IN Simple-to-Set Indoor Sprinkler Controller.||2.38 lbs|
1.2 x 7 x 6
|4. Orbit 57894 4-Station Outdoor Swing Panel Sprinkler System Timer||3.31 lbs||3.8 x 7.4 x 8.7||Check Price|
|5. Rain Bird WiFi Module for Wireless Irrigation Controllers||4 ounces||4.2 x 2.1 x 4.2||Check Price|
|6. Blossom 7 Zone WiFi Smart Water Controller||2.1 lbs||4 x 8.8 x 9||Check Price|
|7. Netro Smart WiFi 6 Zone Sprinkler Controller||8.2 ounces||5.7 x 5.7 x 1.2||Check Price|
Mary Smith here, I am a founder of best gardening gifts ideas, I am an avid gardener myself. I have a lifelong love affair with gardening and amazing yard tools. As a gardener myself who loves to re-arrange the plants and adds new plants and ornaments every year. I am an enthusiastic and energetic spirit, ready to welcome change, eager to experiment. In my opinion,
- The Best Garden And Patio Amazon Bestsellers in 2021 April 21, 2021
- Accessories & Covers For The Zero Turn Mower April 2, 2021
- Best Smallest Zero Turn Mower You Need In 2021 April 2, 2021
- Best Metal Garden Hoses March 23, 2021
- Top 10 Best Metal Garden Hose (Reviews of 2021) March 23, 2021
- What Is The Best Retractable Garden Hose Reel? Buying Guide and FAQ 2021 March 12, 2021
- Covers For The Zero Turn Mower March 8, 2021
- Best Zero Turn Mower For Your Garden in 2021 March 3, 2021
- Best Lawn, Garden Tractor Battery, Sprayer And Garden Tools In 2021 January 18, 2021
- Best Gardening Tools- Most Frequently Asked Questions In2020 December 22, 2020
- 25 Most Common Gardening Tools Questions Answered (FAQ In 2020) December 22, 2020
- Top 10 Best Electric Pruning Shears Reviews (2019-2020) December 17, 2020
1. Orbit 57946 B-hyve Smart WiFi Sprinkler Controller.
Orbit has been providing you with some of the best irrigation controllers for years now. This particular controllers top because of its advance features that surpass many other smart timers available on the market! Its compatibility with wifi and the app based smartphone control makes it highly desirable!
Stations: 6 and 12.
Supported Controls: 1. Android and IOS or any smartphone compatible app.
2. Separate deviced voice control with Alexa.
Weather Sensor: Present.
- WiFi Connectivity.
- Online Phone App based control.
- Weather Sensor.
- Water Saving.
- Voice Control.
- This Smart Irrigation Timer gives you freedom to control it using your smartphones.
- The weather sensor detects the weather and decides when to water and when not to. Thus it doesn’t damage your garden.
- The instalaltion is super easy.
- It saves upto 50% water than the traditional sprinklers.
- By getting a separate device for Alexa, it can also be controlled using voice.
- Their customer service is not upto mark.
2. Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller.
Zones: 8 and 16.
Supported Controls: IOS 10.3+ and Android 4.4+ smartphones. Separate device for Alexa can be used.
Weather Sensor: Present.
- Wifi connectivity.
- Smartphone app based control system.
- Rain and soil sensor.
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, apple HomeKit, nest, and more.
- The sprinkle saves both watyer and money as it saves 30 – 50% water bills!
- As it can be controlled with smartphones, it is easier to control the device.
- You can control it with voice command using Alexa.
- The installation is easy and customer service is top notch!
- The advance weather settings optimizes and controls the irrigation automatically when needed!
The smart app used for this controller may be buggy and might also require expertise in using it.
3. Rain Bird SST400IN Simple-To-Set Indoor Sprinkler Controller.
It is one of the most affordable yet a very helpful and truly amazing Sprinkler Controller! It has wide zone range and advanced technology to provide you with top notch irrigation. The rain delay system along with the cyclic watering system gives this device an upper hand! This is a very affordable choice for your indoor gardening!
Zones: 4, 6, 9 and 12 indoor zones.
Connectivity: No Wifi.
Supported Controls: Auto controlled.
Rain Sensor: Can be added separately.
- Customoseable zone to zone watering.
- New and Improved model SST400IN timer replacing the Obsolete SST400I model.
- Easy usability.
- As it is pretty inexpensive, it can be substituted for the conventional watering system.
- Designed for indoor gardening purposes within a garage, home, or waterproof shed.
- It is long lasting and durable with a built-in surge protection.
- The intuitive technology protects the device from moisture, grime and insects.
- The watering zones can be controlled individually.
- It can not be used for outdoor purposes without spending some extra money on other items.
4.Orbit 57894 4-Station Outdoor Swing Panel Sprinkler System Timer.
This is yet another highly rated smart irrigation controller among gardeners by Orbit. It can be used for both indoors and outdoors. Th timer programming deems to be easy
along with relaxed installations. Further, it also makes your irrigation more useful thanks to its customizable settings! On top of that, it is very much affordable!
Zones: 4, 6, 9 and 12.
Connectivity: No Wifi.
Supported Controls: Auto controlled.
Rain Sensor: There is a manual settings but also Can be added separately.
- Easy settings.
- Each zone come with its own timer. Thus they can be customised accordingly.
- This device also includes a built-in surge protection along with locked waterproof casing for durability.
- The set up is very user friendly.
- For any of your unexpected power outages, it also has a built in battery!
- Although the programming deems to be easy, many gardeners find the programming hard. The device sometimes resets on its own.
5. Rain Bird WiFi Module For Wireless Irrigation Controllers.
Rain Bird has some great gardening tools and its Irrigation Controllers are very intuitive and efficient. It works with Wifi and wireless remote control. The mobile notifications
give you an extra advantage of doing your irrigation more perfectly!
Supported Controls: Smart phones and wireless remote. Extra Alexa voice control device.
Rain sensor: Automatic weather adjustments added. Extra Rain sensor can be added.
- Works with Wireless remote control.
- WiFi connectivity is available.
- Upto 50% Water Savings.
- Superior Programming.
- As it can be opertaed with both WiFi and wireless remote control, it gives you extra operating facilities.
- The installation and configuration is handy.
- Without an 2.4 GHz connection, the WiFi connection seems unstable.
6. Blossom 7 Zone WiFi Smart Water Controller.
Supported Controls: Smartphones and Alexa or Google.
Rain Sensor: available.
- It has WiFi connectivity.
- Satellite connected weather sensor comes with it.
- The device can be controlled using Smartphones.
- Works with Alexa.
- The satelite based weather detection system gives accurate weather conditions for watering.
- Controlling the device using smartphones is very efficient.
- You can optimize your water usage to save water waste.
- The connector for the Pump Start Relay (PSR) can alternatively be set to support an eighth zone.
- Alexa can be used for controlling this device with voice commands.
- Unluckily it can only be used for indoor purposes and suitable for the continental United States.
7. Netro Smart WiFi 6 Zone Sprinkler Controller
Zones: 6 and 12 with power adapter.
Supported controls: Android and IOS smartphones.
Rain Sensor: Not included but the app uses the pre built in weather forecast system.
- WiFi Connectivity.
- Controlled by Smart phones.
- Eco friendly.
- Installation in 15 minutes.
- The connectivity ensures that your lawn doesn’t get over watered.
- This device saves upto 50% water.
- The Customer Service is top notch.
- This device takes weather forecast, adjusts schedules, makes plant database.
- This is for indoor uses only.
What To Look For In An Irrigation Controller?
Before purchasing an Irrigation Controller, there are certain features that is a must for your total convenience! Those are given below.
- Weather forecast.
- Alternate Setting Backup.
- Diverse Programme.
- Custom Scheduling.
Internet connection is a prime need when you are looking for a decent sprinkler controller. If you are away on a vacation, you would still want your irrigation to happen as scheduled! That’s why ensure a sprinkler controller that has WiFi Connectivity! Thus you can check on your irrigation using your smartphones.
2. Weather Forecast.
In a smart irrigation controller, the key feature should be able to detect when to water the lawn and when not to. To ensure that this feature is intact, always choose a sprinkler controller which has in-built rain sensor or any sort of smart weather forecast system! This would both save your garden and your water bills!
3. Alternate Setting Backup.
There are times when we may face unexpected power outages and this would disconnect our WiFis. Thus to ensure that your schedules are always perfect, select an Irrigation Controller with permanent memory or extra battery backup.
4. Diverse Programmes.
As a gardener, you know that not all garden has the same need. An irrigation controller should have some features like monitoring the garden and determining what amount of watering is required at different phases. This would ensure healthy growth of the whole lawn in general!
5. Custom Scheduling.
While purchasing a Sprinkler Controller, you mus ensure the custom scheduling feature! This allows different zones of your garden to get watered according to their needs.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Irrigation Controller?
There are numerous benefits to purchasing an Irrigation Controller. You surely don’t stay at your home 24/7. Even during your free time, you might crave to take a small getaway. But you for sure don’t want your garden to suffer in between. So, to make sure that your garden is watered well even in your absence, the first thing you can do is get yourself the Best Irrigation Controller in the market!
Even if you are home, you might sometimes forget to water your plants due to some work. But an irrigation controller would make sure of it!
Moreover, the water that get wasted while watering your garden is extremely valuable. So, almost all of these controllers make sure to save upto 50% of the water you would waste conventionally. Thus, the environment also remains safe.
Is Installing An Irrigation Controller Hard?
Luckily, installation of an irrigation controller is pretty easy. One need not to be expert in tech stuffs for doing it. The instructions that come with it are super simple and understandable. IF you face any difficulty, the customer service of the respective brand is always there to assist you!
Who Should Get An Irrigation Controller?
Irrigation Controller is a need for all gardeners. It just ensures that your garden is watered on time even if you forget it. Homeowners, gardeners, farmers everyone can use a sprinkler controller to save some time and effort. On top of that, if your garden or field is massive, you can’t easily water all of it without sweating. So, it is better to get an Irrigation controller to do the hard work!