Smart Irrigation Controller Reviews (Best Hose timers of 2020)
For every gardener, the irrigation of their field is their top concern. And the work of irrigating your garden is both a hassle and highly time-consuming. But there is a very advanced tool that would save you both your time and effort! And that tool is a Smart Irrigation Controller!
If you are new to gardening, you might think ‘What is a Smart Irrigation controller?’ It is basically an automated device that controls the sprinklers all around your garden and does the irrigation even when you are not around! As a gardener myself, I know the toils we have to go through to do our regular gardening cares and further looking for the perfect gardening tools is an added hassle!
That’s why Gardening Gift Ideas is your one-stop site for the Best Gardening Tools. In this post, we listed the 7 Best Smart Irrigation Controller reviews so that you can know a little better about which one you should purchase! Go through the product listing then the detailed review to know more about your desired Sprinkler Controller!
|Product Name||Weight||Product Dimensions|
|1. Orbit 57946 B-hyve Smart WiFi Sprinkler Controller||1 lbs||3 x 9 x 8||Check Price|
|2. Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller||2.9 lbs||9.1 x 1.4 x 5.6||Check Price|
|3. Rain Bird SST400IN Simple-to-Set Indoor Sprinkler Controller.||2.38 lbs||1.2 x 7 x 6||Check Price|
|4. Orbit 57894 4-Station Outdoor Swing Panel Sprinkler System Timer||3.31 lbs||3.8 x 7.4 x 8.7||Check Price|
|5. Rain Bird WiFi Module for Wireless Irrigation Controllers||4 ounces||4.2 x 2.1 x 4.2||Check Price|
|6. Blossom 7 Zone WiFi Smart Water Controller||2.1 lbs||4 x 8.8 x 9||Check Price|
|7. Netro Smart WiFi 6 Zone Sprinkler Controller||8.2 ounces||5.7 x 5.7 x 1.2||Check Price|
Hello! Mary Smith here, I am a founder of best gardening gifts ideas, I am an avid gardener myself. I have a lifelong love affair with gardening and amazing yard tools. As a gardener myself who loves to re-arrange the plants and adds new plants and ornaments every year. I am an enthusiastic and energetic spirit, ready to welcome change, eager to experiment. In my opinion
NAVIGATE OUR TOP 10 BEST HOSE TIMERS
- Our Top 10 Best Products
- The Best All-Around Product
- The Lowest Price Product
- Best EVER Produced Product
- Best Product – Buyer’s Guide
Orbit has been providing you with some of the best irrigation controllers for years now. This particular controllers top because of its advanced features that surpass many other smart timers available on the market! Its compatibility with wifi and the app-based smartphone control makes it highly desirable!
Stations: 6 and 12. Connectivity: WiFi. Supported Controls: 1. Android and IOS or any smartphone compatible app. 2. Separate devised voice control with Alexa. Weather Sensor: Present.
- WiFi Connectivity.
- Online Phone App-based control.
- Weather Sensor.
- Voice Control.
- This Smart Irrigation Timer gives you the freedom to control it using your smartphones.
- The weather sensor detects the weather and decides when to water and when not to. Thus it doesn’t damage your garden.
- The installation is super easy.
- It saves up to 50% water than traditional sprinklers.
- By getting a separate device for Alexa, it can also be controlled using voice.
- Their customer service is not up to mark.
This one is also one of the best seller Sprinkler Controller. It is desirable due to its easy usability and the fact that it can be controlled using your smartphones! The installation also easy. Moreover, it is compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, Nest, and more!
Zones: 8 and 16. Connectivity: WiFi. Supported Controls: IOS 10.3+ and Android 4.4+ smartphones. A separate device for Alexa can be used. Weather Sensor: Present.
- Wifi connectivity.
- Smartphone app-based control system.
- Rain and soil sensor.
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, Nest, and more.
- The sprinkle saves both water and money as it saves 30 – 50% water bills!
- As it can be controlled with smartphones, it is easier to control the device.
- You can control it with a voice command using Alexa.
- The installation is easy and customer service is top-notch!
- The advanced weather settings optimize and control the irrigation automatically when needed!
- The smart app used for this controller may be buggy and might also require expertise in using it.
Zones: 4, 6, 9, and 12 indoor zones. Connectivity: No Wifi. Supported Controls: Auto controlled. Rain Sensor: Can be added separately.
- Customisable zone to zone watering.
- New and Improved model SST400IN timer replacing the Obsolete SST400I model.
- Easy usability.
- As it is pretty inexpensive, it can be substituted for the conventional watering system.
- Designed for indoor gardening purposes within a garage, home, or waterproof shed.
- It is long-lasting and durable with built-in surge protection.
- The intuitive technology protects the device from moisture, grime, and insects.
- The watering zones can be controlled individually.
- It can not be used for outdoor purposes without spending some extra money on other items.
Zones: 4, 6, 9, and 12.Connectivity: No Wifi.Supported Controls: Auto controlled.Rain Sensor: There is a manual setting but also Can be added separately.
- Easy settings.
- Each zone comes with its own timer. Thus they can be customised accordingly.
- This device also includes built-in surge protection along with locked waterproof casing for durability.
- The set up is very user friendly.
- For any of your unexpected power outages, it also has a built-in battery!
- Although the programming deems to be easy, many gardeners find the programming hard. The device sometimes resets on its own.
Rain Bird has some great gardening tools and its Irrigation Controllers are very intuitive and efficient. It works with Wifi and wireless remote control. The mobile notifications give you an extra advantage of doing your irrigation more perfectly!
Zones: Unspecified. Connectivity: WiFi. Supported Controls: Smartphones and wireless remote. Extra Alexa voice control device. Rain sensor: Automatic weather adjustments added. The extra rain sensor can be added.
- Works with Wireless remote control.
- WiFi connectivity is available.
- Up to 50% Water Savings.
- Superior Programming.
- As it can be operated with both WiFi and wireless remote control, it gives you extra operating facilities.
- The installation and configuration are handy.
- Without a 2.4 GHz connection, the WiFi connection seems unstable.
This is the only Irrigation Controller in our list with a satellite-based weather control system to provide your garden with water accurately. The advanced technology used in this controller helps you control it using your smartphones and also installs in minutes!
- It has WiFi connectivity.
- Satellite connected weather sensor comes with it.
- The device can be controlled using Smartphones.
- Works with Alexa.
- The satellite-based weather detection system gives accurate weather conditions for watering.
- Controlling the device using smartphones is very efficient.
- You can optimize your water usage to save water waste.
- The connector for the Pump Start Relay (PSR) can alternatively be set to support the eighth zone.
- Alexa can be used for controlling this device with voice commands.
- Unluckily it can only be used for indoor purposes and suitable for the continental United States.
Zones: 6 and 12 with a power adapter.Connectivity: WiFi.Supported controls: Android and IOS smartphones.Rain Sensor: Not included but the app uses the pre-built-in weather forecast system.
- WiFi Connectivity.
- Controlled by Smartphones.
- Eco friendly.
- Installation in 15 minutes.
- The connectivity ensures that your lawn doesn’t get overwatered.
- This device saves up to 50% water.
- The Customer Service is top-notch.
- This device takes weather forecast, adjusts schedules, makes plant database.
- This is for indoor uses only.
What To Look For in an Irrigation Controller?
Before purchasing an Irrigation Controller, there are certain features that is a must for your total convenience! Those are given below.
- Weather forecast.
- Alternate Setting Backup.
- Diverse Programme.
- Custom Scheduling.
2. Weather Forecast.
In a smart irrigation controller, the key feature should be able to detect when to water the lawn and when not to. To ensure that this feature is intact, always choose a sprinkler controller that has an in-built rain sensor or any sort of smart weather forecast system! This would both save your garden and your water bills!
3. Alternate Setting Backup.
There are times when we may face unexpected power outages and this would disconnect our WiFis. Thus to ensure that your schedules are always perfect, select an irrigation Controller with permanent memory or extra battery backup.
4. Diverse Programmes.
As a gardener, you know that not all garden has the same need. An irrigation controller should have some features like monitoring the garden and determining what amount of watering is required at different phases. This would ensure the healthy growth of the whole lawn in general!